Friday 31 January 2014

Sisters are doing it!

For those that have been 29 for as long as I have, this is probably a familiar sound:


Sisterhood also exists among gnomes, so I'd like to use this post to introduce some of my siblings.

Agnes, the protagonist of the immensely popular Despicable Me franchise:


She may look like a cute little girl, but don't let looks deceive you. She's living proof that gnomes never grow up. Believe it or not, her true age is 47.

Then there's Babs. Her part in Chicken Run may not have been recognized with an Academy Award, but she does have the satisfaction of delivering the best one-liners of the movie.


Let's stick with the B a little longer, because there is also this lovely gnome called Bubbles:


Bubbles was my favorite Powerpuff Girl. She was brave, witty and very perceptive. I mean, who else could deliver such an accurate descriptions of her environment?
Yeah. We were flying to Mojo Jojo's house. I like flying. Oh, and then there were these really pretty clouds. And there was one that was shaped like a heart, and there was this one that looked like a pretty pony, and there was one that looked like a cloud...

In honor of her, I wanted to name my cat Bubbles, but my husband wouldn't let me, because it reminded him of Michael Jackson's pet primate. Needless to say he's now my ex-husband.

To conclude today's introduction, let me present DeeDee, a gnome of such magnitude, that the cartoon Dexter's Laboratory was created just so she could walk into the room and perform her favorite yell: hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Dexter!

She was also a very apt dancer:


Yeah, that tune is probably gonna stick with me til 2016.

So you see, the gnomish sisterhood consists of some very impressive females. And we've only come to the letter D yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment