Thursday 23 January 2014

Guilty pleasure

We all have them. Or at least we all should have them. Guilty pleasures. Those secret little things that make your life just a teensy bit better. Like chocolate. But that's hardly a secret. Gnomes and chocolate go very well together, so that's rather predictable.


It's the things you don't usually tell your friends about that become your guilty pleasures. Like collecting your toe nails in a jar. I wanted to post an accompanying picture, but once I started googling I decided against it. Eww. So here's something slightly more appealing, also involving toe nails.


Why we hide them? Usually not because we practice The Unspeakable. But to avoid the disapproving looks of those around us. Once you've been 29 for a while, people start to expect you to conform to the norm and grow up. All I can say to that is:


My guilty pleasure involves bunnies. And kitties. And chickens. And ponies. And all of them look like gnomes. And they come wrapped in a nauseatingly bright context. It's called LPS, or Littlest Pet Shop, a lineup of Bambi-eyed colorful critters that you have to feed, bathe and entertain. The reward? More critters to feed, bathe and entertain.


They don't even DO anything. They just sit there and wait for you to click on them, so they can eat, have a bath or play. And then the whole thing starts over again. It's pointless, it's boring and incredibly repetitive. All you do is collect gnomish critters. Which happens to be addictive as heck. I've uninstalled (and reinstalled!) the game twice now. Even worse: I have it running on multiple devices, so I can befriend myself, get more rewards and hopefully more critters. So I can feed, bathe and entertain them as well.


Hmmm. Putting it that way, I myself don't even understand why I bother. I think it's about time I quit for good. Oeh!! Brb, almost unlocked a new Polar Bear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment