Friday 22 November 2013

It's all in the details

For a gnome, I'm quite a planner. So for the aforementioned fancy occasion in September I came totally prepared (yes, still the girl with a plan!) with not one, but two wonderful dresses: full velvet regalia in case it was cold, and breezy linen in case it was bloody hot. In the end, it was somewhere in between, but cool enough to wear the velvet outfit. But then the gnome part of me felt sorry for the pretty red dress, because it would go into (temporary!) storage without ever being worn. Not an option! So the pretty red dess had its very own shiny moment: we had a Kodak session in a real castle, just to show it off!


We must have done something right there, because visiting tourists thought we were part of the entourage, meaning everybody wanted to have their picture taken with us.


And naturally  they wanted to know what time the tour started, whether I was a real princess, what year the library was built and most frequently where the toilets were.
Even the staff themselves were convinced, because we later found out we had (unjustly) received an employee discount at the cafe. Oops! The apple pie was delicious, though!


The first picture was pixelated for privacy reasons. I'm happy to share my thoughts, but I really value my privacy. And sometimes you can have your privacy without having to doctor the shot. Taken behind a beautiful waterfall:

No comments:

Post a Comment