Wednesday 25 March 2015

Singing in the Rain

Sunbathing isn't my kind of thing. I simply don't have the patience to sit or lie idly in the sun. That doesn't mean I don't like the sun. I'm quite fond of it. Plus I really need it. I suffer pretty badly from winter depression. That's not something I made up, it actually exists. Although recently they've given it a slightly more impressive name: Seasonal Affective Disorder. So yes, during winter, I has a sad.


But now spring's here and things keep getting better. Except for the days when I have to get up at 6 (ish) to get to work and it's pouring. Then I'm right back to the sad thing. My friend Ernie doesn't seem to be bothered by it though. Ernie and I go waaaayyy back. He's been around for as long as I can remember. We don't see each other all that often anymore, but every now and then he pops up somewhere. Like this morning. On the parking lot at work. He was having a great time, singing in the rain.



He's such a happy trooper! Just ask yourself: would *you* be singing if you were tied to the front of a garbage truck at 7 in the morning in the pouring rain?


No comments:

Post a Comment