Tuesday 17 March 2015

Of nuts and squirrels

Or: how to survive lunch break in awful weather.

In springtime it's nice to take a walk during lunch break, but the weather has been kind of 'meh' lately. The office squirrels provide a happy distraction indoors as well as outdoors. I had brought some leftover chocolate covered nuts with me, and I could swear the squirrels were giving me the evil stare of doom.



So I graciously decided to give them a share. Just to be safe. After all, nuts and squirrels go well together. See how happy they look?




All this made me think of one of my favorite movie moments:


As a kid I loved this movie, and I'll happily confess I still like watching it every now and then, usually around Christmas. I'm quite sure one day like Miss Hannigan I too will end up in a nut house with all the nuts and the squirrels. I hope they'll be chocolate covered nuts as well.

Did you note Tim Curry in the end? Difficult to believe the singing and dancing dude from this film would later play Pennywise in It. *shiver* No wonder so many people dislike clowns.

I don't want to spoil my happy blog with nasty pictures, so let's just enjoy my favoritest bit from the same movie:



While searching for an appropriate picture, it struck me that this man is not exactly typecast, he's played an incredibly wide variety of odd characters:









That last picture reminds me of the passing of Sir Terry Pratchett. A great mind gone too soon. He'll be sorely missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment