Thursday 11 September 2014

Dressing room conversation

Four days a week I get up with the chickens and drag myself with the appropriate amount of resentment to the swimming pool. Trust me, the prospect of jumping in a cold wet mass is not exactly appealing. Today it was even less appealing, because the swimming pool's heating system had broken down. I managed to complete my half hour of swimming laps, but I was really glad I got to take a nice warm shower afterwards.

As I was putting on my clothes in one of the dressing rooms, I overheard two elderly ladies in the dressing rooms just down the hall. Normally I don't pay much attention to what people are babbling about at such an early hour, but these two ladies are awesome. They're almost like a female version of Statler and Waldorf!


So every now and then I eavesdrop on their conversations, today with hilarious results:
Lady 1: Oh no!
Lady 2: What's wrong?
Lady 1: I forgot my bra...
Lady 2: What was that?
Lady 1: I forgot my bra!
Lady 2: Can't you speak up? I can't hear you!
Lady 1: I forgot my bra!!!
Lady 2: Well, that's hardly something to shout about, is it? Besides, you were around in the sixties and seventies, you didn't need a bra then, so going without for one day is hardly going to kill you, is it?
Lovelorn: HAHAHAHAHA!!


No comments:

Post a Comment