Saturday 27 August 2016

Good food

For many people 'Italian food' is synonymous for 'pizza'. But I don't like pizza. Pizza for me is bread. With stuff on it. The only good thing about pizza is stringy cheese. So far I haven't managed to find a decent Italian restaurant in the immediate vicinity, meaning that whenever I have a craving for Italian food, I have to take a slight detour of approximately 188.4 kilometres. Luckily, it's only 45 kilometres away from where one of my best friends lives, so a visit to her tends to result in a visit to Vecchia Roma in Delfzijl

For starters, I can strongly recommend the Antipasto Fantasia, even though it is pretty much a meal on it's own:



Allow me to add a disclaimer: it's not always the same dish, it tends to depend on what's in storage as well as the chef's mood. The taste however, is always brilliant!

If you have any room left – or in our case: sit on the cozy terrace watching people pass by and catch Pokemon for 1.5 hours – try the lasagne. The amount of flavour in there is extraordinary. This is pretty much the only time I regret I cannot eat more!


No comments:

Post a Comment