Sunday 9 November 2014

So much to do, so little time

Gnomes are well-known for their expansive minds, broad range of interest and ability to multitask. Unfortunately Mother Nature does not find that enough reason to grant us more than 24 hours per day. So we must carefully think about how we spend our time: reading, photography, goldsmithing, blogging or hanging out with friends and loved ones. Not to mention this tiny little thing called work. Or sleeping, which is somewhat mandatory.

Lately I've been very busy spending time with my new best friend, including an actual course in photography and a new blog to capture (pun intended) my development (also pun intended) into a real photographer. So far my new hobby has been great fun, but rather time-consuming. However, the blog's up and running and all the equipment is sorted, I got my first grades and everything's going shiny.



Which brings me to the next excuse for blogging so little lately: a goldsmithing course! Not that I've actually touched gold yet, only brass and nickel silver. I haven't done any actual smithing either. So far it's been mainly cutting, filing, sanding and polishing, and hopefully we'll start with the topic of riveting next week. Naturally this required a shiny blog as well, which has also been quite a time-sink. Here's some of the home-made shiny stuff:




For the eagle-eyed nerds among us: yes, that is indeed the royal crest of Hyrule!

No comments:

Post a Comment