Tuesday 27 May 2014

Dumber than a donkey?

The Dutch have a saying that goes something like this: "A donkey never trips over the same stone twice." Obviously meaning after it trips once, it learns how to place its hooves as so to avoid tripping again. So when somebody makes the same mistake twice, they get reminded of how not even donkeys are that stupid.

Yesterday it rained, so I borrowed one of the gazillion umbrellas we have lying around at work. They were ordered a long time ago as a promotional gift for people who visited our stall at a fair, and had our company logo stamped on it. For some reason, they were never handed out, though. So I took one of those lovely umbrellas, stepped outside and within 5 seconds I found out why we didn't give them to our clients. The opening mechanism was faulty, so after opening it did actually click into place, but not without taking a bite out of my finger. Meaning I have a big gaping hole in my left middle finger. Yay. Well, actually it's barely more than a scratch, but it hurts!! REALLY!

This morning the skies had cleared, therefore I dutifully returned the umbrella, but in the afternoon it was pouring once again. So I took the umbrella with me once more. You read the intro to the story, so I don't think I need to explain what happened. Suffice it to say I now have a matching crater in my right middle finger. *Sigh*

So that makes me dumber than a donkey. Do I feel bad about that? Heck no. I love donkeys. They're ponies! Gnomish ponies! With bunny ears!!


No comments:

Post a Comment