Saturday 27 December 2014

It's over!

With gnomes often come associations of cute, cuddly, happy, joyous creatures. So it would make sense that Xmas is our favorite time of year.

Not this gnome. Xmas just isn't my thing. Not that I don't like the occasional present (thank you for my amazing new bag, better half!), but it just doesn't make up for all the forced family visits, mandatory (usually fake) joy and glee, crazy sales with aggressive shoppers (yeah, that has to be the spirit of Christmas!), tree decorating hassle and endlessly repeated songs.

Call me a Grinch, but if it were up to me, I'd just hibernate my way through winter: close the curtains and curl up with a book by the fire. Preferably with a hot cocoa and some chocolate chip cookies.

The only thing about Xmas that does make me happy, are the lights. All the pretty colors! Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment