Tuesday 16 September 2014

So what's up with da pony?

Until now the pony part of this blog has not received the attention it deserves. Allow me to correct that oversight. Ever since I was a kid, I've been in love with ponies. My bedroom was filled with ponies in all colors and sizes, and so was my head. I grew up (a bit), but my love for ponies remained.

The golden pony at the top of this blog was photographed in Denmark. We were driving across an area that was famous for its 'vilde heste' (free-roaming ponies), which of course I had to see. We saw a few herds in the distance, but nothing up close. When we were making our way back to the main road, I saw something moving from the corner of my eye, on a hilltop right next to the road. Could it be?


So we parked the car and walked uphill, only to find a cow staring us in the face.


And I was so sure it was a pony! Despite the disappointment, we decided to keep climbing, if only to enjoy the magnificent view:


And then out of nowhere, a little golden pony stepped out of the bushes, as if to greet us:


 She couldn't be all that 'vild', because she curiously moved towards us without any hesitation.


She kept a close eye on us as we started walking across the hilltop to have a look at the view on the other side, and to my disappointment the pony disappeared into the bushes again. We could hear her gallop away, but apparently she had just taken a gnomish shortcut (= long way round), because she was waiting for us when we arrived.


She showed absolutely no sign of fear, letting me move really close to take some pictures as she was staring at the sea. She even let me pet her!



After this magical moment, she turned around and quietly went her own way again. Bye pony!!


No comments:

Post a Comment